My Sabre has been an ongoing project since the first year I bought the bike. The first major modification that I did was to install a Greer, Mach I fairing. Handlebars were swapped at the same time, because the stock ones wouldn't work with the fairing upper body. Another clearance problem was the factory supplied mirrors. I had no choice but to go with a bar-end style mirror, as the mounting stanchions for the stock units would not allow you to turn the handlebars, without smacking the upper fairing body. I have since changed the bar-end mirrors to those of my own design. I used my stock turn signal housings for the mirror body, and made a pivoting system for adjusting the mirrors. I will do a step-by-step, illustrated, tutorial in the near future on how you can make a set of these, for your bike. Greer has been out of business for many years, now, and these fairings are extremely hard to locate. If you were lucky enough to track one down, it would probably run in the $3500.00 to $4000.00 dollar range. I understand the Hondaline fairing with lowers will set you back about half of those figures, as they are highly sought after items, as well.
I have done some of the aluminum polishing on the bike, myself, however sent most of the items out to professional polishers, as I did not have the proper abrasives and bits, to do inside crevices and recesses that some parts had. The following items are polished: Wheels, differential housing, top triple clamp, master cylinders/levers, brake line junction block, brake rotors, handlebar clamps, billet steering head nut cover, footbrake lever, footpegs, clutch housing cover, alternator cover, water pump cover (all aluminum custom unit) and valve covers. Chromed items were nuts, bolts, sidestand, and shifter arm.
Some of the other modifications made to the bike are braided stainless lines for brakes, clutch, and water hoses; braided stainless throttle and choke cables, gunfighter-style seat, Drag Specialties front turn signals, rear license frame with built-in turn signals, custom made shifter arm, Harley Davidson headbolt covers, and Performance Machine, billet footpegs and shifter/brake pedals.
The paint on my V65 is black with blue pearl in the basecoat. I "ghost-flamed" it in three different pearl pigments- violet, blue, and red. I paint motorcycles and cars for a living, so this bike is a rolling billboard for my work. It turns heads wherever it goes. It's definitely, a one-of-a-kind motorcycle.